Saturday, January 28, 2017

Tangy Tomato Gravy Recipe


     Nooooooo more excuses for not posting !!!!
Thanks for everyone who had been checking my blog for new posts and definitely a very big Sorry for disappointing you without any post since a month :(
Recently, one of my relatives asked me " Aren't there any new posts?  I had been seeing your blog often to only find the age old butternut squash kootu recipe" Thats when I thought "Ohh yeah... I had a blog and was almost active with it.. How did I forget all about it !!" At that very moment, I promised myself - hereafter atleast 2 posts a week no matter how busy I become. Dot.

     My little bunny Abhinav is back home after his flu shot at the pediatrician's and is so tired after a big round of cry and now, is fast asleep.. ZZZZzzzz... :P giving his mommy some time to catch up with the blogging..

My MIL often makes this simple tangy side-dish with tomatoes for phulka.. we are all hooked to it. So, here it comes for the blog !!



Prep Time: 5 mins || Cook Time: 25 mins || Serves: 3 || Category: Side-dish for phulka/chappathi 

Ingredients:
1. Gingelly Oil - 3 tbsp
2. Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
3. Tomato - 3 or 4
4. Turmeric powder - a pinch
5. Salt - as required
6. Hing - 1 tsp
7. Green chili - 2
8. Sambar powder - 1 tbsp
9. Coriander leaves - for garnishing

Method:

1. In a pan heat gingelly oil and splutter the cumin seeds. Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
 2. Keep covered and cook for about 10 mins. Need not add any extra water. Let the tomatoes get cooked in the tomato juice itself. Add sambar powder and mix well. Cook covered for 10 -15 mins with intermediate stirring. Add hing and green chili (if required for additional flavour).
 3. Once the gravy thickens and the oil slightly floats on top, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. 

Those cute tiny little tomatoes and the red chili in the pic are made out of clay. I made them using the clay we got from Siva Vishnu Temple during Ganesh Chathurthi.. It was a proud display in the Golu :P  And now they are the props in food photography !!!

Enjoy this simply tangy side-dish for your phulkas... Yummyyy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment