Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sambar Idly (With hotel sambar recipe)

     There are not many vegetarian restaurants here nearby.. Even with the one or two located here, the quality & taste of food is worser. The immediate thought of the lack of good restaurants will create some crazy craving in me, with me imagining my days in Chennai @ office and often at Hotel Saravana Bhavan in office :P This will make me long for every item one by one from the menu of HSB that I had tasted for all the 5 days :) Yesss.. that's why I goto office too :) With a longing for sambar vada, I settled down to Sambar Idly, as Idly and sambar (the day when I tried Hotel Sambar !!) where readily available at home one day :D

Prep Time: 3hrs soaking time + 30 mins grinding + overnight fermentation || Cook Time: 25 mins + 45 mins || Serves: 2 || Category: Breakfast/Tiffin

Ingredients:

1. Idly  - 6 
2. Sambar - 3 cups
3. Onion -  1 small (finely chopped)
4. Coriander leaves - 1 finely chopped
5. Ghee / Gingelly oil - 1 tbsp (optional)

Method:

1. Place 2 or 3 idlis on a plate or in the serving dish. If required, heat the sambar.
2. Soak the idlis in piping hot sambar. Add a tbsp of finely chopped onion on each of the idlis. Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves over the idlis and in the sambar. If desired, drizzle some ghee / gingelly oil on top of the idlis. 
Rest it for a few mins so that the idlis absorb the sambar. 

Tastes greaaaatttt with a cup of hot coffee !!

No comments:

Post a Comment