Thursday, September 24, 2015

Strawberry Milkshake

     I was having a fascination towards strawberry when I was in India. I always loved to have a juice or milkshake with this berry.. The fondness continues even now. Though no one at home likes this fruit except me, I go for a pack of this once a month to satiate my craving :P
Having tried jam for couple of times, I wanted to move on with the next easy recipe - Strawberry Milkshake -- from the list of mousse, scones, shortcake, ice-cream, cupcakes & smoothie.

Prep Time: 15 mins || Serves: 1 || Category: Milkshake / Smoothie

Ingredients:
1. Strawberry - 6 or 7
2. Sugar - 3 tbsp (as required based on the taste of strawberries)
3. Milk - 150 ml (preferably cold)
4. Dark Chocolate - 1 tbsp (grated)

Method:

1. Wash, hull the strawberries (remove the leafy part on the top) and cut them roughly.
 2. In a blender, add the strawberries and sugar and about 50 ml of milk and grind it to a frothy paste. 
 3. Finally add the remaining milk and give a quick run. Pour on tall glasses and top with grated chocolate. Garnish with strawberry pieces if desired.

Suggestions:
  • Chocolate gratings are optional. Can also squeeze some liquid chocolate on top.
  • The milkshake can be refrigerated for a while and then served chill. I had it as such, as I used cold milk.
  • Along with Strawberries, hershey's liquid chocolate can be added in the blender, to give a chocolaty touch.
  • Amount of sugar varies as per the sourness of the berries.
  • Adding well beaten fresh cream with a few strawberries, for the bottom layer, gives Strawberry Mousse, another variant.

No comments:

Post a Comment